Do it in one go, or in easy half-day or full day sections
Officially opened in 2013, Canberra's new Centenary Trail was created to celebrate Canberra's 100th official birthday. The 145-kilometre trail has been designed to cater for walkers and cyclists, and will take those who set out to explore it on a grand tour of much of the best that Canberra has to offer. Both residents and visitors alike will find much to discover on the trail. This brand new book is the most comprehensive guide to the trail available.
Walking andamp; Cycling Canberra's Centenary Trail includes:
- Detailed route directions for the whole circuit, broken down in to manageable sections of approximately two to four hours (walking), 25 to 80 minutes (cycling)
- Suggestions on how to combine these sections into half-day and day walks and bike rides
- Summary table of trail distances, grades and times
- Accurate full-colour maps
- Heaps of suggestions to combine trips with nearby cafes, activities and attractions
- A special 14-page section with dozens of suggestions for children's activities
- Further sections on Canberra's most common birdlife, other animals and flora
- Over 100 full colour photographs
In this brand new book, long-time Canberra residents Nina and Tallis share their love of the city and its surrounds, together with the wonderful discoveries they have made while researching the new trail.
(Rear cover text)