The Victorian Prospector's Guide and Handbook
Paoletti's (Adventurer) Maps and Videos P/L
This informative guide has been published and updated at regular intervals since around 1895. It is designed as a complete guide to prospecting in Victoria. Chapters include:
- Gold Deposits (types of:)
- Prospecting For Gold (Methods)
- Geology of Victoria
- Goldfields of Victoria (brief descriptions of various goldfields)
- Economic Minerals Other than Gold
- Prospecting Guide (where and how).
The book has been updated with references to Metal Detecting and the Laws of Do's and Don'ts of prospecting. It also contains many photos both old and new. Not only is it a modern representation of prospecting but also a history of the ways that will fascinate you. Originally the book was printed in 1894 so the history is there.