Bushwalking in Australia
Comprehensive track notes to twenty-five of Australia's best overnight walks are complimented by detailed full-colour contoured maps and beautiful colour photography.
Each state is covered. NSW has five walks; NT two; QLD two; SA two; TAS four; VIC six; WA four. There are easy walks for novices and challenging walks for experienced walkers. Other walking aids presented in the book include:
- Start and Finish of all walks clearly indicated.
- Gradient profiles (a graph showing ascents and descents) provided for each walk
- maps changed to be full colour topographic maps with grids and magnetic deviation displayed
- sidetrips and alternative track
- weather charts for each walk
- photographs displayed beside the text they illustrate
Notes divided into sections by distances and these distances are marked on the maps making it easy to switch between the notes and the maps. The guide contains only overnight or longer walks and with colour contour maps at either 1:100,000 or 1:50,000 scales