Field Guide to our universe
This book is a field guide to exploring the southern night sky using the naked eye, binoculars or telescopes. Drawing on the results of scientific discoveries, it teaches the novice in clear and simple terms the basics of stargazing -- How to find and observe planets, lunar features, eclipses, meteors, constellations, star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
The book also features:
- Explanatory diagrams, photographs and eyepiece drawings of objects as seen through amateur telescopes.
- Star maps and an explanation of astronomical terms.
- advice on choosing astronomical equipment and making the best use of your eyesight.
- Tips on reducing light pollution.
- Lots of facts about astronomy, the planets and the universe.
- Black andamp; white illustrations and photographs plus some in colour.
ISBN: 9781864367393. (2001). 288mm X 150mm. 127 pages.